Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Time Out


Jon and I went to Mexico for five days.....five relaxing, sun soaked days full of food, rest, laughter, dancing, sights, drinks and more. the week before we left, I must have cried ten times thinking about leaving the kids. I wrote pages and pages of notes for grandmama and grandbob (who reminded me that they did raise two kids just fine!).
I kept a brave face when we dropped them off at school Friday morning, then tried to make it out the front door of school before I cried. I set out medical cards, food lists, activity ideas, medicine instructions, a daily picture book that I made for Brady and Lylah and anything else you could think of.
Several phone calls in the first 24 hours to grandmama made me feel better and by mid day Saturday, I was able to relax and enjoy. The time was good......good for us to have a break from our busy careers and daily life (I didn't wash a dish for five days...woohoo!) and good for the kids to have quality time with their grandparents. It felt like Jon and I were dating again!
There is a tiny part of me that is still sitting on the beach chair, looking out at the crystal blue waters, drinking a pina colada and eating homemade guacamole. But a bigger part of me is soaking up a different kind of sunshine in the form of two little smiling nuggets. Thank you grandmama and grandbob for taking such great care of our peanuts and allowing us to have a 5-day date!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Sledding Day

Family Sledding Day