Monday, August 19, 2013

first day....

I woke up with a sick tummy this morning. I couldn't quite figure out why until I took you two to school this morning. I purposely took you at the last minute so I could spend as much time as possible with you this morning.
Lylah...you waltzed into KB, ready for your first day of Pre-K, showing off your new skirt and sporting a braid and your oversize shades. All was well.
Then I took you Brady over to Red Rocks, for a whole new adventure....your first day at a new "before school" program and first day of First grade. I am not going to lie...I was nervous. This is your first time entirely away from the KB crew since you were little and at a different place than your sister.
But you asked us if you could try it and many of your friends are going there.
The drop off this morning was heart wrenching...you were scared and everything was different.
But you summoned up your courage, wiped away your tears, and sat with your buddy Alex to play legos. I sat in the car and cried for a while, big heaving sobs, because you are growing up so fast and I want to protect you through every adventure.
But, I hurried back to pick you up early after school and what do you know.....you were grinning from ear to ear, said you had a great day and weren't quite ready to go home when I got there. Who knew?!
I am so proud of both of you.....Little Lylah who wants to grow up to be a florist and sweet Brady who can't decide between being a police officer or soldier. Right now, I just hope you keep enjoying, learning, loving and growing up just the way you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Sledding Day

Family Sledding Day