Thursday, December 31, 2015

Bittersweet Xmas

As is always the case, Xmas came and went in a blur.
We started the Xmas cookies the week of Thanksgiving (Brady and Lylah were wonderful helpers this year) and it all snowballed from there. Shopping and decorating, school holiday parties, choir programs and Xmas lists for Santa.
As is the tradition thus far, we went to Grandmama and Grandbob's house for most of the week of Xmas. This year, we had them all to ourselves for the week.
I was emotional the whole time, as this was the last Xmas we will have in the house in Spinnaker trail, Monument, CO!
Mom and dad are moving to Tucson this spring and Xmas will change from the form that we have known it.
We had a wonderful time as always....bowling and xmas shows/movies, yummy food, decorating sugar cookies, church, stories, games and just good quality time together.
And Santa was so good to the kids this year....they got most of the things on their Xmas lists (Barbie Dream house!!! XBOX One! and more)

I was fortunate to be able to work from home the whole two weeks of Xmas break. And while I was a bit under the weather, we have still been able to have some great activity time as a family. In 5 days time, we have gone Tubing in Fraser (so fun!), gone to the movies, played Laser tag and then I had the pleasure of taking the kids indoor mini golfing and to play Dart Wars on my own. It's been a really fun week between Xmas and New Year's with playdates and play time along with relaxing time and sleeping in.
And tomorrow, we ski!! Never a dull moment at the Dobson house!

as I do every year, I consider myself so lucky and blessed and am truly thankful for the amazing family that I have!
I love them for than anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Sledding Day

Family Sledding Day