Thursday, April 5, 2018

Best trip to Tucson





So glad we took this trip!!!!
This was a first for me...traveling on an airplane with the kids but without Jon. We missed him tons but it was such a good experience for me with the kids.
We were great traveling companions and the time with my parents was THE BEST!
I slept like a log, relaxed and had some great adventures all at the same time.

Highlights included kids on the golf cart (a favorite of theirs), our trip to the Old West Tucson and the Kartchner Caverns.
I had no idea they made so many western movies in Tucson. The Wild West was a blast with fun and entertaining shows, rides and attractions. we were there for hours and had so much fun.
And the Caverns....amazing, beautiful and terrifying (for little old me). The fact that the men who discovered these caves found them, explored them and spent so much time in them was amazing.
All 5 of us went on the tour (98% humidity and 80 degrees) and Lylah and I made it about 90% of the way before we needed to make an emergency exit. She was very brave though and did such a great job. Gma, Gbob and Brady made it until the bitter end!
We also took a tour of the local fire station where the kids were able to try on all of the gear and ride in the truck. Priceless!!
I really just enjoyed the time with my mom and dad, seeing them interact with the kids and spending late evenings on the back porch catching up. Sure wish they would move back to Colorado!!!!!

It breaks my heart to see both kids cry when they say goodbye to my parents. We get caught up in all that is going on in our lives here but we never stop loving our grandparents/parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Sledding Day

Family Sledding Day