Sunday, August 6, 2023

16 and all the things!

What a big bday year for Brady!! He became an official lifeguard at the Grant Ranch pool this summer and was so cool to see him in action at the pool he grew up playing in! 
and of course, he got his driver's license. We had a bit of a scare, after he easily passed the driver's test. as I drove us to the wrong DMV office to get his license and we were scared we were going to miss his appt, but we both kept calm and I used my best driving skills to get us there in time. 
So by the end of July 5th, he was the proud driver of the Highlander!! and of course, he took off right away to drive it around the hood! 
We had a fun bday dinner with the family at Red Lobster, and surprised him (kind of) by having Zoe join us. and was very cool to have my parents in town for the fun too! 
This past year has been one of lots of change, experiences, learning, growing, maturing and more. 
He has grown into an amazing young man with a big heart and soft side. he loves his grandparents very much and even seems to be looking out for his sister more than ever. He loves Charlie so much...she is a good buddy to him! He also has had the ups and downs of the teenage years, with happiness and disappointments, love and tears, responsibility and new temptations. 
He and I still have good talks fairly often and I enjoy hearing about his school, sports, friends, etc. 
He opens up to me on occasion to share details of things going on and I love that! 
I am so very proud of all that he has done and continues to do. and I love him more than he will ever know or understand. Doesn't mean he always likes me.....being a mom is hard sometimes too. But I think he knows in his heart I am always looking out for him, always!!!!
Love you Bubba to the moom and back. Can't wait to see what is next for you. 
Mama! 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Sledding Day

Family Sledding Day