Sunday, March 13, 2011

Vacay



ONE WEEK... I haven't been on vacation for a full week in 5 years. And this past week, I was reminded why we will continue to (if possible) step away every year for a week. It was just what our family needed.
Time away from work, household responsibilities and time to explore, try new things and just play.
The weather was amazing.....the visits from family and friends so fun... and the mix of activities was perfect.

I taught one of my good friends and his son how to ski. They both turned out to be naturals so it was an easy job.
And, Brady had 3 good days of skiing, complete with chair lift and gondola rides, "pizza" moves and learning to turn.
Both Lylah and Brady logged tons of pool time....more in one week than they have had in their short lives!
And the sledding........I have never hurtled down a mountain that fast in my life. Lylah wasn't in favor but Brady donned his goggles, grabbed the rope and smiled to the crowd as we rocketed down the slope.
Pizza dinners, birthday cakes, and movies, along with sleeping bags, elevator races, shuttle excursions and more....just a few of the memories I will have.
I even scored two days of skiing with Jon (a rare treat in recent years) and a night out for my birthday, complete with dinner where we got engaged. Hot tubbing and bloody mary's with the sun shining down marked the tail end of our trip.
Tomorrow will be an adjustment for all....back to work and school and daily life. Strangely, I will miss Grand Timber until the next time, but at the end of it all, there's no place like home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Sledding Day

Family Sledding Day