Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday USA


I am a lucky gal! I had the best weekend with my family and friends!
Zoo on Friday morning....just me and the munchkins.....train, carousel and lots of tigers and giraffes! Then a walk down to the Red, White and You festival for a bit on Friday night. And even though I was determined to get everyone to bed early on Fri, we stayed up to watch an awesome fireworks display from the back deck. It's already been decided....come one, come all to the deck next year for a fireworks party!!!
Then Saturday, not even a detour to the docs office for a new found peanut allergy could ruin the weekend. We had a picnic dinner outside and mom and dad even got to watch a movie.
Then Sunday, a trip to Chatfield beach in the am, followed by a party at our house with family and good friends. Such a great group of people with the most wonderful kiddos. The "dads" did us proud once again with an award winning fireworks show.
And today, the annual kids bike parade where B. Smith helped B. Dobson to overcome his fear of bicycle hills and they rode like the wind. Then, a trip to the pool before the crowds arrived. We planned it just right as we had the kids pool to ourselves for an hour. And to top off the evening....sprinkler in the back yard. Not sure if mom and dad or Brady and Lylah were more soaked.
I am sad the weekend of fun times is over but tomorrow, I wake up and my little boy is 4 years old.....much more celebrating to do in the week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Sledding Day

Family Sledding Day