Monday, December 26, 2011

Xmas Sunshine



Each year with our children, Xmas is that much more magical to me. For me, it means escaping from the daily routine we so easily get caught up in to be enveloped in smiles, awe, giving, love, magical moments, family, faith and hope. And this year, as always, did not disappoint. In fact, now that the kids are just a little bit older, they soak up the Xmas spirit and radiate it right back out to everyone they are in contact with....my little Xmas sunshines!

Just a few highlights....torpedoing down the sled hill amidst laughter and mouthfuls of snow. Sugar cookies covered in mounds of sprinkles and gel pens, "swimming" at the YMCA, Frosty the Snowman (the Real One), Xmas Mass with Prayer Hands all the way to communion, carrots and cookies for Santa, the kids getting "exactly what I asked Santa for", hide and seek, quarters with the whole family (all 14 of us!), seeing Great Grampie's bright smile, breakfast with good family friends and Brady telling us he was having the best Xmas ever. I feel like Lylah and Brady grew up right in front of me just in four short days and they definitely remind me of some of the memories I have from way back when! Lylah has officially graduated to Princess status...wearing dresses 3 days in a row and playing with her own shiny pink girl toys instead of monster trucks and super heroes. And Brady....well, little dude loves to build things and race and play football.
I love it all!
Thank you to Grandmama and Grandbob for helping to create our Xmas magic for four straight days. Xmas is not Xmas without you.
And thank you to Grandma Barb, Papa and family for helping to bring us all together for a very special afternoon and evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Sledding Day

Family Sledding Day