Wednesday, February 26, 2014

From "house" to "home"

Jay Street...you finally feel like home!
The past month has been a whirlwind but things are finally settling down and we are settling in.
Moving weekend was crazy...Jon and I worked non stop and by the end of three days, pretty much everything was unpacked and put away.
The kids did great....up a few times at night. I think they were a little disoriented and scared but they love the new paint in their rooms and have adjusted really well.
We were blown away by how welcoming all of the neighbors have been. We have already had play dates, soup night and sidewalk conversations with pretty much every neighbor around us. I think the kids will love this new block once spring rolls around!
But I will admit, the first few weeks, I felt out of place. The house was beautiful but it was lacking memories and the warmth of a home.
Slowly but surely, that has started to change. The more we do in the house, the more it feels like home...
wedding showers, visits from Uncle Bob and the kids, dinners with friends, play dates and family dinner around a real kitchen table (complete with Olympic ring Pancakes) has all created the environment I was missing!
And it will just get better as time goes by.
this month has allowed me to spend more time with the kids (less stress at work) and I have been able to do lots of things I love...entertain, ski with the kids, movies, time at the park, etc.
I am so excited for what lies ahead with our lil family!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Sledding Day

Family Sledding Day