Sunday, July 13, 2014

Summer of Love!

Halfway through summer and having the best time with you Brady and Lylah!
It feels like you both have grown up just since May, when you finished first grade and kindergarten. You both look so much older/bigger and definitely act it!!!
This is the first summer in the new house and we are loving the pool more than I ever thought. It has been a great source of entertainment with friends and a fun way for the four of us to spend undistracted time together too!
We had the best family vacation to Florida, with all of the cousins, Aunt Kelly and Uncle Bob and grandmamma and grandbob....memories that will last forever for sure (Kooky Coconut, sand fort, kayaking, hunting for fish, World Cup Soccer, pool time, etc)
You both have been enjoying daily swim lessons, field trips with KB, time with your grandparents and longer evenings at home. My new job has helped a ton with flexiblity and I have been able to get home earlier many nights, which I am loving!
We did a quick trip to Breckenridge for the 4th of July and over your Bday, Brady. It reminded me that time away from home and in the mountains can be so energizing, no matter how quick the trip. We packed in a parade, two roller coaster rides, Chuckwagon dinner (which you both LOVED) and fireworks, along with a hike up Hoosier Pass.
We capped that off with some time with Grandmama and Grandbob to celebrate Brady's day. I am leaving things out....soccer for Lylah and Brady, tennis lessons, hiking to Maxwell falls, numerous frozen yogurt trips and many adventures with your grandparents......Lylah learned how to ride without training wheels (although she doesn't like sidewalks) and Brady got a 20" bike!
So as you can tell, we are halfway through summer and have already packed in tons of fun. I love being outside, love the activities we can do as a family and love the extra time we all have together right now.
I appreciate every day I have with you guys and love the giggle fits, silly stuff and even, yes, the whining and complaining, because usually one of us ends up laughing.

Brady....you have been so sweet and kind....helpful to me and your sister. Starting to take responsibility for yourself and your things. loving sports, reading and playing in the pool, time with your friends and still snuggling with me and showing me love and playing sports with dad. you have learned how to pout and roll your eyes (uh-oh) but you are genuinely a good, smart and sometimes shy little man. I watched you play in your first soccer game of the season and you looked like a 16 year old with your sunglasses and "fauxhawk :-) You played like I have not seen before....skiiiiillls and thought and determination.

and Lylah, you continue to remind me of myself :-) You love clothes, doing your hair and shaking your booty. You are a strong gal, and can be super stubborn, yet you will run to help someone who is hurt or sad in a heartbeat. You know exactly what you want and you are not afraid to ask for it.
You are turning into a young lady right before my eyes, yet you are still a little girl. You have the same talent for reading that your brother has and this is the year where you are really learning to swim. you loved playing in the ocean and the pool and when you set your mind to it, you are a really good little hiker.

Quote of the month from Lylah:  Mom, how did I get out of your belly? Did you push me out of your mouth or your booty?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Sledding Day

Family Sledding Day