Sunday, February 15, 2015

Tidbits

Brady and Lylah,
So yes, it's been a while since I have written in my blog. But know this....it's not because there is nothing to tell or nothing going on. Quite the opposite! We are a busy little family with so many things going on every week and so many wonderful memories created along the way.
Tonight, you get tidbits....some little notes about things that have been happening....there is not enough space or time to write them all. Every day with you is worth writing about! :-)
But here's a few memorable ones.....

Brady...you love to be a healthy eater. Don't get me wrong, you love your dessert and snacks too but you are fully aware of meals that are good for you and you eat them all!

and you are starting to learn about war and fighting from the books you read and things you learn at school and I love that you talk about peace, and a world with no violence (although you sure like the violent movie previews they keep showing on tv!)

Xmas with the cousins....so sweet and fun and important...you both love the precious time with all four cousins. It's fascinating how little you get to see each other yet how comfortable and happy you all are when together.

And Brady, you continue to be a little athlete...soccer try outs, basketball two seasons in a row and loving every second of recess and gym/outside time when you have the chance to play any sport you can.

winter break that went by way too fast.....but it was amazing. I had most of the time off that you were both off of school and I loved it.
We went bowling and to the movies and spent almost a week with the cousins. You both seem to love all of the family traditions around Xmas, from making Cookies to reading Night before Xmas with Grandbob, going to church and giving and receiving gifts.

Speaking of gifts, highlights this year for Xmas included Lylah's new bike and Brady's vibrating football game

And you miss Lylah....you started taking gymnastics again and you seem to love it. You have so much energy and excitement around it. We got to see your holiday performance...even grandmama and Grandbob and Papa and Grandma Barb were able to join. You rocked it!

We have started playing more family games on Sundays...wits and wagers, uno games, Life, Sorry, Bobble and more. It's fun for all...until someone loses! :-)

And skiing mogels....you two have become quite the little skiers. It's so much fun for dad and I to get to ski with you both. We have taught you ourselves and it's been such a great experience for all us. When I asked Lylah if she was ready to ski the mogul run in front of us last time we went up, she said...... let's do it to it. That's my girl!

And the Music on our computer. That has become quite the attraction for you two. You both love to pick songs and artists for us to listen to...Katy Perry and Fall out Boy, Rihanna, Miley Cyrus, Kelly Clarkson, Usher, Taylor Swift you name it! I think my musical tastes have been broadened.

We saw the move Annie for the first time on a trip to the mountains recently. Brought back many memories from my childhood and has been fun to watch Lylah belt out the same tunes I used to sing as a kid.

The kitchen....I finally have my cooking helpers...not all the time and not always with enthusiasm but once you get started, you seem to enjoy it! I am hoping we can cook many  more meals together as you grow up!

pistachio in the lunch box...sweet Brady...you came home from school last week with someone else's pistachios in your lunch box. You were scared to tell me you shared snacks (because of your peanut allergy) so you lied and told me the pistachios jumped in your lunch box. Just want you to be safe lil man!

mama, I want to sleep with you! Sweet Lylah...you have been wanting to have a sleepover but you want me to kick daddy out of bed to do it :-) we just may have to do that sometime soon!

And the new phrases....hanging out with some of the kiddos in the neighborhood has certainly expanded your vocabulary....Cheese and crackers (that one came from me), what the hay, dang, and the oh so funny....."nuts".

Any Lylah....sweet Gumball....your stuffed animal who you love dearly. He sleeps with you every night and you are so good to him. I love watching you take care of him like he was a little brother.

Like I said before, every day is a good day with you but today was especially great. It was a pretty quiet Sunday...bowling, out to lunch, snow coming down. Tonight I cooked dinner and we played some board games and for some reason, at dinner, we were all being a little silly. I can't even remember exactly what the joke was but I started laughing so hard I was crying and soon we all were.
Belly laughing, tears rolling....pure joy. Those are the simplest moments I will never forget.
XOXO sleep tight!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Sledding Day

Family Sledding Day