Sunday, July 5, 2015

Spring has Sprung

Scene of the day....Brady out playing nerf gun wars with five or six neighborhood boys. Lylah, sometimes shy, decides she wants to get in on the action and gears up with her bike helmet, nerf guns, and a shield the size of an appetizer plate. you GO girl!

I got a Fit Bit for my bday. Lylah was begging me to go upstairs with her to get in her jammies because she didn't want to go alone and she told me it would help me to get more steps on my Fit bit....creative!!!!

And Brady...dominating his school work/tests/homework and having the time of his life playing flag football. He was clearly chosen as the team's #1 wide receiver and he rocked it. So fun to watch him catch these crazy passes and haul his booty into the end zone. Such a competitor (maybe a wee bit too much sometime, mr. smack talker :-) but love to see his spirit when he is playing sports.

And then there was skiing this year....both Brady and Lylah's first blacks ( I was more anxious than them!) it has become such a fun family sport for us to all do together.
May a game night...Life has become the game of choice
And then there's myself....laying on my bed with the kids and teaching them the art of armpit toots and under the knee toots. Go me Go!
We love watching the Voice as a family...such talented sinners and the kids love picking their favorites. 
And this week....my two favorite moments....competing with brady in the Mother/Son race...I can see where he gets his competitive nature from! You bet I wanted to win.
And Lylah kicking daddy out of our bedroom and having a Sleepover with me in my room. She tossed and turned all night (which means I did too) but it was all worth it when she opened her eyes and started petting my like a doggie.

and the priceless evening when Brady had gotten out of bed and called me upstairs to tuck him in again. and he said....."Mom. do you know why I call you up to my room every night? It's because you know exactly what to do to make me comfortable". AHHHH! So cute!
Everything is happening way to fast...I am afraid to blink. It's spring time and my babies are about to move up a grade. Must. slow. down!!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Sledding Day

Family Sledding Day