Sunday, October 25, 2015

October "down and outs"

Lylah,
The good news...the stomach bug that you had only lasted 24 hours, but the bad news...I have never seen you that sick in such a short amount of time.
You were so brave. I used to cry all the time as a kiddo when I would throw up. You didn't cry at all. You just told me that you didn't like throwing up one bit. You were so sweet and well....you needed me for just a little bit and I wanted to be there for you every second of the way.
You were so cute when you wanted me to stop talking (right before you would get sick). You would just stick your index finger to your lips and say "shhhh mommmy". No talking!
Love you little bug!

And Brady,
Our October bad mishaps continued with Daddy carving pumpkins. I bet you both will remember this one for a long time. The knife slipped as dad was cutting and he cut his thumb really badly. It definitely freaked you out Lylah...lots of tears. And Brady, you were so calm and brave. I could tell you were scared but you ran upstairs and started to help me to get medical supplies for dad.
You did a great job and were a huge help in a moment of panic. Dad was fine....5 stitches but we were worried about him for sure.
You both made him get well cards and were very concerned. It was sweet to see that vulnerable and caring side in a scary moment.

So much for me to be proud of every day. Thank you for reminding me that even when we are sick, hurt, etc. we are a family and we bond together to help each other.

XOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Sledding Day

Family Sledding Day