Thursday, April 5, 2018

Growing & Changing



Brady is a new man. Literally.
5th grade has changed him. He has learned so much. He has learned more in science, social studies, math etc that he seems to truly be absorbing. He has learned amazing things from his teacher who he adores, Miss Snowden (super cool, dog lover, straight shooter)
he has learned about technology (and consequences...ie: looking up football during class).
He has learned how to dress for and interview for a job (Young Ameritowne Prep). He ran for Mayor, and although he didn't get that, he became the College President for his Young Ameritowne day. So proud of him.
He participated in the spelling bee for the second year in a row.
He has soared at football and soccer and tennis.
and now, another milestone in 5th grade.
He is starting his Growing & Changing unit and he is SO excited.
he said he likes to learn about what is going to chat with him and is excited about what lies ahead.
He learned The E word (erection) and seems to be fascinated by that phenomenon :-)
he keeps getting the words puberty and period mixed up (ie: when I start going through my period) but we quickly cleared that up.
He announced that he will now start taking showers every day and will soon need to start wearing deodorant.
And in all of this learning.....he has been talking to me.....a LOT. and I love it. He is not shy about telling me what he is learning and asking questions. and I am not shy to answer the questions. I am interested and excited for him and ready to help him along the way.
I will be there for him, whatever the question may be.
it's the beginning of a new time, new information and new experiences and I plan to do whatever I can to support him.
Love you Bubs (have now been told I can't call him that other than in his room anymore!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Sledding Day

Family Sledding Day