Monday, January 1, 2024

A very special Christmas

We capped off a busy and memory filled 2024 with a special Xmas season. 
Jon scored the best Gma Barb and Papa gifts with the kitty cat PJ's...by far the biggest hit with them of all the gifts over the years. haha! 
We enjoyed a very special Xmas in Tucson with my mom and dad. It was hard to see the changes in Grandmama when we first arrived, but she was my same sweet, fun, busy, kind, thoughtful mom that she always has been. She just gets tired more easily and is less steady on her feet. But we packed in the memories, with games and Bocce ball, golf cart rides, movies, church, cooking and a wonderful Xmas morning with lots of thoughtful gifts. 
one of the best moments was when Grandmama arranged for us to play pickleball with a couple in the neighborhood (Mary Taylor). Sweet Mary and my dad arranged a surprise for Grandmama, inviting all of the people that Grandmama once coached to join us for a surprise. We played a fun tourney while Grandmama cheered us on, then had lunch with everyone after. It was clear how much people love and respect my mom. and it was sweet to see how excited and touched my dad was by it all. I worry about him too, as he is carrying the weight of this on is shoulders more than anyone. 
I love my time with them.  It's my happy place and I love seeing the kids (and us) away from all of the responsibility of home and enjoying the time with family. it's what matters most! 
Driving away from them to the airport was so very hard to do I am so grateful that we had this time together!! 














 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Sledding Day

Family Sledding Day