Sunday, January 21, 2018

Charlie

Our girl Charlie. I still don't believe we have a puppy!
I never thought we would actually do it. For one, Jon has said for years he was not interested in getting a dog. And two, I didn't think our already hectic lives could accommodate.
But, I felt we were missing something, just a little something, and pictures of Bernedoodles kept calling my name.
About two months before Xmas, I took the kids with me to get my car washed. We walked over to Petco and saw all of the adorable dogs they had for adoption. That got us talking and looking and talking some more.
One thing led to another and Jon was on board. How could you not be after seeing the photos of Baby Charlie.
Jon and I picked her up on December 20th and we both were like little kids. we were so excited to meet and even more excited to surprise the kids.
Now 4 weeks in and Charlie has been a blessing (and a lot of work along with that blessing :-)
She prompted us to start walking the kids to and from school (how did we not think of this before). She has created time for us to all be together, playing on the floor, outside, in the snow, etc.
She has forced new responsibility for both of the kids...they take her out to go to the restroom, feed her, help with bath, and more.
We are all learning patience, training, and yes, at time, how to yell at a dog!
But she is a perfect addition on to our little family and fills a warm and furry spot for us all.
Love you Charlie girl and so thankful for all for all of the smiles and laughter you have brought to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Sledding Day

Family Sledding Day